Sunday, April 18, 2010

My brother Ryan

Ya know, its very appropriate that my brother is joining me on this adventure. I cant think of another person I'd want to pedal some 2400 miles with than him. Not only because he is my brother but also because he's been my friend and a motivation and a coach to me for so long.

We actually very rarely cycle together at all. I think its because he knows cycling comes too easy for me and thats too level of a playing field!! LOL
We play alot of baseball, football and things like that.

When Im out there though and im pitching fastball's down the middle just so he can deposit it over the 200 foot sign in the little league fields, I feel like I am equal with him. He's not a star athlete but neither am I and thats alright. He pushes me to be better. He pushes me to find a way to make it happen on a level equal to my peers.

We all need that person there to say come on, I know you can do it. Don't quit..Don't EVER quit!!!

So when I have those days when my leg hurts and I don't want to continue this ride any longer. I'll hear him saying, "Come on.. I didnt ride this long to only go halfway!".
Thanks Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Hey 2 brothers on 2 bikes! Here's my 3cents:
    There are times that you will feel physically unable to preform on any given day...preform anyway. Just get on the bike, and ride. Miles aren't going anywhere, but energy goes away quickly when you think about what you can not do. Your endeavor is extra-ordinary. You are doing what most people won't. You are in control of your own speed, thoughts, nutrition, and health. Be responsible and coordinated. And when the weather beats you down, someone start laughing...it will be over when it is over.
    I am excited and motivated by your courage. What a great thing to do in 2010.
    Journey (Cheryl)

    ReplyDelete